Go Back   INSIDE Two Worlds > English speaking forums > Two Worlds 2 - News / Game Info > News & Announcements

News & Announcements All news and Announcements will be posted here.

Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"
Unread 15. April 2011, 14:24   #1
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5
Points: 5,021, Level: 68 Points: 5,021, Level: 68 Points: 5,021, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

News EN Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE

Two Worlds II: Expansion Pack captures retail shelves

+++ „Pirates of the Flying Fortress“ Expansion Pack will arrive September 2011 +++

Las Vegas, April 15th 2011 – The RPG-spectacle continues! With "Pirates of The Flying Fortress", the creators of "Two Worlds II" clear the way for the highly anticipated upgrade for the role playing hit. More than 2.5 million games sold worldwide, numerous awards and a huge fan community are powerful arguments for yet another exciting trip to Antaloor, abducting you this time into the gloomy pirate world! The story plunges the player headlong into an adventure that is more than astonishing! The good old "Two Worlds" atmosphere waits, which is yet quite different this time around. Exotic flair, new enemies, new settings and new weapons - all fans are in for a shocking surprise!

The developers have also once again taken player feedback to heart, massively adding more in terms of game play: In addition to thunder and rain storms, gamers can look forward to dozens of new weapons, impact-oriented horse armor, totally new breeds, fresh boss opponents as well as brand spanking new animations in the cut-scene and in-game dialogs!

"Pirates of the Flying Fortress" will launch in Antaloor as a multi-platform title in September 2011! The extensive single player history as well as several brand new multiplayer maps will then be launched.
According To The PR:
  • Weapon Additions.
  • More Horse Breeds
  • Horse Armour ( Hehe)
  • Weather Effects Finally Make an entrance such as Thunder and Rain Storms.
  • Improved Animations In Dialogs n Cutscenes.
  • New Boss Opponents.
  • More Multiplayer Maps!!
  • Coming to All Platforms in Sepetember 2011!
  • Retail Release, we suspect Digitally as well though.

Official Website For Expansion

More information as it comes in...

Last edited by Infamous; 15. April 2011 at 14:59..
Infamous ist offline   Reply With Quote

Re: Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"
Unread 15. April 2011, 15:43   #2
ironcreed
Member Level 3
Points: 618, Level: 22 Points: 618, Level: 22 Points: 618, Level: 22
Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3%
500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassThree Friends

Re: Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"

Most excellent. September is a good time for me as well.
ironcreed ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 15. April 2011, 17:51   #3
Lukaz
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4
Points: 1,134, Level: 33 Points: 1,134, Level: 33 Points: 1,134, Level: 33
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second ClassThree Friends

So much pirate themed things coming out in rpgs, Risen 2 and now this expansion 3:
Looking forward to some new MP maps ! (my village must be a burning pile of debri by now :P)

Edit: If they are flying fortresses they could implement some sky mounts, I mean they had something in mind regarding them.
Lukaz ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 15. April 2011, 23:08   #4
southernblooded
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Tagger Second Class

really? september?
super dee dooper dee epic failio.
september release = 40 days till skyrim. come on.

and that suuuure doesn't remind me of pirates of the caribbean...it's not their font or anything.

i will now cancel this account and trade the game in.

Unread 16. April 2011, 01:49   #5
amattei2000
New Member Member Level 2
Points: 376, Level: 16 Points: 376, Level: 16 Points: 376, Level: 16
250 Experience Points100 Experience Points

no more info?
videos?
anything?
amattei2000 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 16. April 2011, 02:17   #6
TwT
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

allready?
nice
TwT ist offline   Reply With Quote

AW: Re: Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"
Unread 5. May 2011, 03:08   #7
Liras
Preferred Modding Member
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

AW: Re: Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernblooded View Post
really? september?
super dee dooper dee epic failio.
september release = 40 days till skyrim. come on.

and that suuuure doesn't remind me of pirates of the caribbean...it's not their font or anything.

i will now cancel this account and trade the game in.
No, you're an epic fail.

Skyrim comes out on November 11. That's 72 days and not 40. (Sep 30 + Oct 31 + Nov 11 = 72 days)
Liras ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 6. May 2011, 18:08   #8
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,010, Level: 54 Points: 3,010, Level: 54 Points: 3,010, Level: 54
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

November? I had planned to crack a joke today about skyrim being a total plane wreck because I thought it was coming out in September, cause 9/11/11...
SLAM YOUR FACE ON THE KEYBOARD: About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 8. May 2011, 07:05   #9
McTix
Points: 441, Level: 18 Points: 441, Level: 18 Points: 441, Level: 18
Three FriendsTagger First Class250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

I wonder how the pirates make the fortress fly? Magic i suppose........

Unread 9. June 2011, 00:43   #10
okman360
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

Here's the latest from destructoid.com:

"In a meeting with Topware interactive today, I was given a first look at the upcoming "Pirates of the Flying Fortress" expansion for Two Worlds II. This new adventure takes place after the events of that game and delves into, well, a pirate-y adventure.

As seen in an opening cinematic shown in the meeting, your character has been pressed into the employ of a vicious pirate captain, Ed Teal. From his ship, the Wandering Wraith, the player is sent out to perform quests in a series of small islands in Kangor Bay, traveling in a rickety sailboat from one to the next.

TopWare says they're very serious about this expansion, taking player feedback from Two Worlds II to try and make the best possible experience for the fans. Voice-over work has been completely redone and the team is packing in loads of new animation. Mounts are also being improved with new breeds of horses, all new mounts (including a Warg-inspired beast yet to be named or seen) and what TopWare called, "impact oriented horse armor."

I was shown the boat travel between the islands, which looked lovely, shrouded in mist. There was also a graveyard sequence to demonstrate the combat, which appears as heavy and satisfying as before. All in all, it seems like TopWare is giving the fans what they want with the expansion with an expected ten hours of new content and the game's single-player world increased by twenty-five percent in size.

Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress will release this October for PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and PS3."
Link:http://www.destructoid.com/e3-two-wo...d-203187.phtml
okman360 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 9. June 2011, 15:29   #11
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,010, Level: 54 Points: 3,010, Level: 54 Points: 3,010, Level: 54
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

I'll probably buy two worlds 2 for my gaming computer when they offer it with this and any more dlc they might make. Get it all in one package if they do that. XD
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 18. September 2011, 22:45   #12
Askew
Member Level 3
Points: 324, Level: 14 Points: 324, Level: 14 Points: 324, Level: 14
Activity: 8.3% Activity: 8.3% Activity: 8.3%
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Any news about a digital distributor now? I don't want to take the risk again to get a wrong language version, like with the original game. Plus my friend, with whom I'll play, lives in another country and we don't want to wait a week for his mail to arrive.

(Btw. is there any way to shut up those sexist merchants in MP? They drive us crazy...)
Askew ist offline   Reply With Quote

Odp: Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"
Unread 19. September 2011, 11:23   #13
Olorum
Reality Pump
Points: 106, Level: 3 Points: 106, Level: 3 Points: 106, Level: 3
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Odp: Two Worlds II Expansion Officially Annouced "Pirates Of The Flying Fortress"

Digital version of Two Worlds 2 can be bought here: https://secure.zuxxez.com/shop_new/i...hp?language=en

According to this:
Quote:
"Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress PC AddOn Download 09/20/2011"
you should be able to buy a digital edition of "Pirates..." there

Unread 19. September 2011, 13:03   #14
Askew
Member Level 3

When I fill out the order, it doesn't say anything about digital purchase, but they boast about no shipping costs (since when is that special for DD?). And the Add on is only €20 on Amazon, less than with this special cheap offer, so...

May it be possible that they don't extend the offer for DD until the 20th? Because they take payment immediately and therefore have to also give the download link at once?

Unread 19. September 2011, 18:17   #15
jbeckman
Preferred Modding Member
Points: 74, Level: 2 Points: 74, Level: 2 Points: 74, Level: 2

They processed the order right away for some reason, sent key and download link and all that (Game is 2GB or rather the addon version requiring the full game is, unsure if there actually was a stand-alone edition, maybe I'm confusing it with the velvet edition coming next month.) so I guess it justifies the slight price bump via Zuxxes compared to Gamersgate or other alternatives (Only noticed it was on Gamersgate afterwards.) and it supports the developers.
(I was hoping to finish the new playtrough in 1.3 first but that'll have to wait and instead I'll just use my old character or how it worked again.)
jbeckman ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 19. September 2011, 18:30   #16
Askew
Member Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeckman View Post
They processed the order right away for some reason, sent key and download link and all that
Oh. Yes, I found the DD now. But they charge the same price than for the retail box, which is a bit shameless (their cost is a fraction than for a retail box) and €25 for four MP maps (since we can't share the campaign)
is a hefty sum. Gotta talk that over with my friend (incidentally, he's from Sweden as well, hehe). Thanks anyway guys, and have fun yourselves.

Unread 19. September 2011, 19:44   #17
jbeckman
Preferred Modding Member

For a addon I found the price fairly standard at ~25 (Euro is what I'm using here for currency, Swedish SEK/Krona is fairly weak in comparison so most digital EU stores are a bit more expensive than retail but that's nothing new and probably very common.) but it varies from country to country of course, unsure how distribution will work with this title but since it's on Gamersgate at least I assume other retailers and e-stores will stock it this week and start distribution so one can probably find a cheaper alternative in a few days if that is preferred.

Two Worlds 2 had a few flaws but support has been quite good and I enjoyed the game immensely so I've been looking forward to this addon, will probably have a lot of fun with the new content.
(Nice to see some unused Two Worlds 2 materials being implemented also such as the Dryad creature and Hell Lord or what it was named here again along with the landscape from the prologue areas and small parts of Elkronas to name a few things.)

Can't say anything about the game yet though as it's still downloading, was mainly posting as a little heads-up that it had started being released.
(Not that good at explaining things well but I hope the above is at least understandable to a degree.)

Would be nice to see the mod support helped along such as the often discussed SDK also if no further DLC or similar is planned other than a possible Two Worlds 3 eventually.
(But it might not be practical either if it requires larger code changes to integrate better with just the multiplayer part or specifically block or lock multiplayer if mods are enabled as to minimize potential exploits and sync issues - albeit that in turn will cause debate over the possibility to actually create new MP environments.)

Nothing I would know much about though, mostly just thinking out loud a bit, ha ha.
(For now I'll just enjoy the expansion and what it might offer, certainly looks good from the previews and reviews I've gone through, even updates the engine a little albeit 1.3 added some of this like Stereoscopic 3D already.)

Unread 19. September 2011, 19:53   #18
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askew View Post
Oh. Yes, I found the DD now. But they charge the same price than for the retail box, which is a bit shameless (their cost is a fraction than for a retail box) and €25 for four MP maps (since we can't share the campaign)
is a hefty sum. Gotta talk that over with my friend (incidentally, he's from Sweden as well, hehe). Thanks anyway guys, and have fun yourselves.

You mean 15 Maps .

And for those wondering the Expansion isn't standalone.

Unread 19. September 2011, 20:40   #19
jbeckman
Preferred Modding Member

Finished downloading and installing, disc contains the usual EFIGS / multi-5 setup like Two Worlds 2 did with additional Czech and Polish subtitles I believe it was (not full audio localization for those two.) and it builds entirely upon patch 1.3 so if you have that the expansion only adds the data specific to it, it's fully identical to what was part of patch 1.3 but of course with the expansion specific DLC .WD files and localization (audio and language/text) files.

Around 1.4 GB with only the core data and English localization.

Unread 19. September 2011, 20:50   #20
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5

Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the forum.

And for those wondering where I got the 15 Maps from:
Quote:
4 Adventure
3 Deathmatch
5 Duell
3 Crystal hunt

15 in total
http://boards.topware.de/showpost.ph...65&postcount=3

Tags
annouced, expansion, officially, two worlds