14. June 2011, 17:50
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
POTFF Preview @ RPGamer
Dedicated RPG website "RPGamer" have posted there hands off preview of the first Two Worlds II expansion, which is due this October.The preview gives us a few new details that other previews by other gaming websites didn't mention.
- New Animations in dialog sequences and combat.
- All new dialog voiced by new casts including Main hero, who now has a new voice.
- New hairstyles and faces.
- Horse riding mechanic tweaked, so it'll be easier to ride.
- Crossbows will make an entrance in the POTFF, but will be slower to reload compared to a conventional bow. (Seen in one of the expansion screenshots).
- Boat and horse legend added to in-game map.
- Newly added islands have more than one docks, which make them approachable from various sides.
- Improved Graphics (?).
- Four New MP Maps will make it into the Expansion, what modes they'll be for is not disclosed.
- Weather will be random.
- Quests may include 'Undead Strippers'
- Can either start a new character or take your existing one into the Expansion.
Take a Read for yourself @ RPGamer.
During E3, I spent some time with Pirates of the Flying Fortress, the expansion to Two Worlds II. The expansion adds a fair bit of content to an already expansive game and revolves around you helping a crew of damned pirates in a cursed archipelago. It adds a new campaign that is about 10 hours long along, and an archipelago that adds about 25% more land to explore.To fit with the pirate theme, you can expect to see a lot of brand new, themed weapons and armor.
A lot of the content that went into making this expansion comes from previously planed Two Worlds II paid DLC and content taken from Two Worlds III. The team behind the game thought it was best to not only combine all of that content into one large expansion, but also address a few of the criticisms that people had with the game. There are all new animations in both the combat and dialog sequences and all new recorded dialog, voiced by an all new cast. This includes a recast of the main character.
Last edited by Infamous; 15. June 2011 at 19:18..
Reason: Added some other findings.