Go Back   INSIDE Two Worlds > English speaking forums > Two Worlds 2 - Modding > Released Modifications

Released Modifications Two Worlds 2: Released Modifications

Very Hard Difficulty Level
Unread 24. December 2010, 02:03   #1
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4
Points: 6,651, Level: 78 Points: 6,651, Level: 78 Points: 6,651, Level: 78
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second Class

Very Hard Difficulty Level

Change history:
11. February 2011: v3 release - made compatible with patch 1.2

Hi fellow TW2 addicts,

it's Christmas time - in order to gift you something to keep you busy (and cursing) during the holidays I hereby release the "Very Hard Difficulty Level" mod.

This mod tripples the hit points as well as the damage of most opponents in the game (in the tutorial I raised the hp of the groms by just 50% as otherwise the multi arrow tutorial step would fail). This should provide some very dangerous combats that will require your full concentration, but will feel very rewarding afterwards.

So, I challenge you, can you solve the game when using
1. this mod as well as the
2. "They fight back!V3" mod (http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=32232) and
3. ingame difficulty on hard?

Do it and I will consider an "Insane Difficulty Level" mod as a follow up...

Installation: Just copy the attached file into "your TW2-Install-directory"/WDFiles. The mod will work with an existing savegame (but that won't count for the above challenge of course ). When using it with an existing save game, its effects will not be applied on opponents you already encountered and that are stored in your save game already. So explore a little more and watch it take full effect. This is compatible with patch 1.2.

Modders stuff: I achieved this by using Helix666 outstanding programms for editing the TwoWorlds.par file and packaging it with his wdpackager. Helix666, you simply rock! Within the field "NPCs" I found the entries for enemy hp in column 27 and for their damage in column 28. Column 26 is level btw. It were literally some thousands entries that had to be adjusted, so forgive me possible oversights, please. It might be that weapon using enemies do less than three times their damage because of the weapon damage component in the formula. Same goes for enemy spellcasters. Don't worry, you will feel much, much more pain coming in!

A word of warning: You are pioneering the game with this. Might be that some situation will be too difficult to do with it. Then you can disable the mod by simply deleting its wd file. You should go back a few savegames then, because enemies already spawned with the mod will retain their strength. Save often, save wisely.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: wd Very Hard Difficulty Level V3.WD (120.0 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by youngneil1; 11. February 2011 at 20:08..
youngneil1 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Riferimento: Very Hard Difficulty Level
Unread 24. December 2010, 09:56   #2
Kirian
Member Level 2
Points: 195, Level: 8 Points: 195, Level: 8 Points: 195, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Riferimento: Very Hard Difficulty Level

Hi youngneil1,

with this method then, the distribution of parameters and skill points will not be a problem right?
I mean, 4 parameters points for level with default game are very generous (like we said)... now, parameters and skills points are useful and necessary for survival in these difficult battles isn't?
There is no more necessity to use your previous method for decrease the "upgrade" of the hero with the cheat "ecb.levels 10", do you remember? Maybe the game with your previous MOD and THIS will result very very harder...
Aniway i wanna know if you reccomend your precedent Method of progress levels and this.

I really appreciate your efforts to make this game more difficult.
Kirian ist offline   Reply With Quote

Re: Very Hard Difficulty Level
Unread 24. December 2010, 10:16   #3
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4
500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second Class

Thank you for the kind words, Kirian. I chose the rather high 3x multiplier, because I intend to use the mod without ec.dbg levels 10. As you already said I think the game will be challenging enough now without slowing down the hero's progress additionally by using ec.dbg levels 10.

But in the end it will take me some time of testing and playing to make a final call upon that. Later on I also plan to enhance specific too weak enemies to a stronger degree than other already strong opponents for a better "inter monster" balance. I also discovered mininmum attribute parameters for weapons and also attack speed settings, might use these later for balancing purposes, too.

Anyway, right now using this mod should provide a very challenging and refreshing experience - watch out for that Rhino, now .

Unread 24. December 2010, 13:17   #4
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4

The first battle in the tutorial against that lone soldier while you guard the teleport is a little harder than I would prefer (doable though, just did). Used both potions and had to evade him for some time to let my life regenrate before finishing him off. Will probably tone him down a little if I find his entry later on within the twoworlds.par nonetheless.

Ah, just in case: This mod is fully compatible with the 1.1 upgrade (it's built upon it). It is not compatible with other mods that rely on twoworlds.par though. Whichever mod has a younger date will take precedence here unfortunately. Where is Wrye to bash this? [that's an insider reference to the modder Wrye who created inter alia a wonderful tool for Oblivion modding called "Wrye bash" that resolved such conflicts and allowed conflicting mods to make entries in the same game file]

Last edited by youngneil1; 24. December 2010 at 13:28..

Unread 24. December 2010, 14:21   #5
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4

Just went through the tutorial up to the prophetess. Everything is doable so far - no showstopper due to too strong opponents at this critical stage. Now that things open up, it's easier to counter strong opponents with playstyle.

Unread 25. December 2010, 08:53   #6
Ambrose
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 3
Points: 757, Level: 26 Points: 757, Level: 26 Points: 757, Level: 26
Tagger First ClassCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Great work youngneil1.
Any chance that there will follow a mod that does something about the xp gain from killing?
As in my die-hard character I have a 'fallen oath' sword (or something alike) L46, but I only managed to reach like, L44/L45 xD

Greetz,
Ambrose
Ambrose ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 25. December 2010, 09:39   #7
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4

Heyas Ambrose,

I think that such a mod could be done indeed. The opponents all have a level attribute. It's very probabble that xp gained per killed opponent depends on that attribute. So, by rising this one up, I could probably increase the number of xp gained.

I restrained so far form changing this level attribute, because I do not excatly know which other gameplay mechanics are interconnected with it (loot being my main concern). And of course, uping it would allow for faster lvl ups, making things easier (that would be offest somewhat as xp per kill also depends on your own lvl, too).

I could imagine just to raise up the lvls of the end game type monsters - this would not make the road to them easier, but would at the same time allow to reach lvl 46 and perhaps even gain better loot. This will take a lot of tinkering, so it's nothing I will do in the near future (I am anyway off for two days now, visiting my parents).

Have fun with the challenge - and show them no mercy!

Greetings
youngneil1

Unread 25. December 2010, 10:39   #8
Ambrose
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 3
Tagger First ClassCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Haha, almost getting owned by animals xD
It's adjusting in the beginning, but i'll get there.

Unread 25. December 2010, 12:30   #9
swordsman5
Member Level 4
Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44
1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngneil1 View Post
Heyas Ambrose,

I think that such a mod could be done indeed. The opponents all have a level attribute. It's very probabble that xp gained per killed opponent depends on that attribute. So, by rising this one up, I could probably increase the number of xp gained.

I restrained so far form changing this level attribute, because I do not excatly know which other gameplay mechanics are interconnected with it (loot being my main concern). And of course, uping it would allow for faster lvl ups, making things easier (that would be offest somewhat as xp per kill also depends on your own lvl, too).

I could imagine just to raise up the lvls of the end game type monsters - this would not make the road to them easier, but would at the same time allow to reach lvl 46 and perhaps even gain better loot. This will take a lot of tinkering, so it's nothing I will do in the near future (I am anyway off for two days now, visiting my parents).

Have fun with the challenge - and show them no mercy!

Greetings
youngneil1
Maybe giving creatures like Vidon, Scapulari and similar upper level creatures the same re-spawn ability that the Savannah animals have would be the answer. You're not changing any of the base parameters of the game, just making more XP available.

Unread 26. December 2010, 09:31   #10
Ambrose
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman5 View Post
Maybe giving creatures like Vidon, Scapulari and similar upper level creatures the same re-spawn ability that the Savannah animals have would be the answer. You're not changing any of the base parameters of the game, just making more XP available.
Yes, sounds great. Cause after one walk through the swallows, it's no more 'fun'. The terrifying place is so empty of danger.

Unread 26. December 2010, 17:39   #11
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 5,067, Level: 68 Points: 5,067, Level: 68 Points: 5,067, Level: 68
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Unfortunately, the parameter file viewer doesn't have the ability to restore the headings and human-readable variables that the SDK version of the uncompiled parameter spreadsheet has. That means there are many numbers within the file that are virtually indecipherable. Some may even be the result of many data flags merged together.

It isn't entirely impossible that the respawn ability is something which could be adjusted in the parameter file. Unlikely... but not impossible. However, without the information on what all those obscure numbers are for, it's virtually impossible to know what to change to make it happen.

Once the SDK is released, many of these problems will go away and it'll be much easier to say what is or isn't possible.

Also, it may be my imagination or wishful thinking on my part, but does anyone else who has started a NEW game after the v1.1 patch think there are more giant ants on the savanna than there were before? Giant ants are one of the last creatures on the savanna to lose their EXP value, so they are good for leveling even when all the other creatures are virtually worthless. However, they never respawned for me before 1.1 and I've been saving them for when other creatures are no longer worth anything, so I haven't killed any of them in the new game to see if they respawn now. But it seems to me as if there are more of them than there were before, so maybe RP is trying to do something to compensate for the lack of available EXP in the game already.

AW: Very Hard Difficulty Level
Unread 26. December 2010, 23:15   #12
propheetUser with most referrers
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 4,465, Level: 65 Points: 4,465, Level: 65 Points: 4,465, Level: 65
Activity: 60.4% Activity: 60.4% Activity: 60.4%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

If it helps, the new patch brought a few of the varns near Queen's Crossroads teleport back to life in my 1.0-dated save (fully cleared Erimos out of non-respawning entities, including tailers and tar scorpions). If you can find out if respawn is somehow set locally for that cell, any changes there would be a place to look for (unless that respawning is totally random and only occured to me? )
propheet ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 27. December 2010, 00:46   #13
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4

Quote:
Haha, almost getting owned by animals xD
It's adjusting in the beginning, but i'll get there.
Fine to hear! It's a very dangeorus world now - I find myself double checking my surroundings just in case now

Unread 27. December 2010, 01:11   #14
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4

Regarding xp - column 29 could very well be the xp value of a mob. It seems to be 270 + 30*moblvl. If this is true (an own colmun for xp), then mob xp can be set independently from mob lvl. By changing the values in this column the amount of xp in the game could greatly be influenced without messing with the lvls of the mobs themselves.

No luck so far concenring a respawn parameter (but I haven't really looked hard so far - it could be where the real encounters (perhaps as an atrribute of a spawn point) and not just the templates are stored, whereever that is). I am gonna do an ants count in the next few days as I started off a new game with this mod .

Unread 27. December 2010, 03:18   #15
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5

I don't believe the spawn issue could be set locally per cell, only because Varn on the Savanna don't respawn even if the warthogs and cheetahs in the same cell do... unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Also, at least prior to 1.1 (and I think for 1.1 as well) the giant ants don't respawn while all other wild creatures do.

If there's a flag in the creature definitions of the parameter file which controls which creatures respawn and which ones don't, that may well hold a clue as to which column it's in.

[edit] Dude! I think I found it!

I have more testing to do, but I'll report back in a little while with some results.

Last edited by Toccatta; 27. December 2010 at 04:11..
Toccatta ist gerade online   Reply With Quote

Unread 27. December 2010, 04:17   #16
propheetUser with most referrers
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 4,465, Level: 65 Points: 4,465, Level: 65 Points: 4,465, Level: 65
Activity: 60.4% Activity: 60.4% Activity: 60.4%

Whoa!!!! Holding my breath for this one, go team Toccatta!!!!
propheet ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 27. December 2010, 04:37   #17
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5

Confirmed. I have managed to get rhinos and both types of giant ants to respawn. Starting a new thread to avoid derailing youngneil1's thread.

Last edited by Toccatta; 27. December 2010 at 04:49..
Toccatta ist gerade online   Reply With Quote

Unread 27. December 2010, 08:16   #18
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4

Great find, Toccatta! We are geeting that whole thingie decrypted one day!

Unread 27. December 2010, 09:06   #19
Ambrose
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 3

Great job toccatta!

(I think I'll have to get that WD-unpacker too, have the files on my laptop already. Looks fun to play with those numbers)

Unread 27. December 2010, 09:29   #20
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4

Quote:
(I think I'll have to get that WD-unpacker too, have the files on my laptop already. Looks fun to play with those numbers)
It surely is great fun and thanks to Helix666 rather easy. At this stage it's less about programming knowledge and much more about knowing game mechanics and making deductions and educated guesses. Quite cool if such a guess occassionly turns out to be true and you wander through a world you changed by your own doing. Go, Ambrose, we surely need more hands and voices here (escpecially those brave enough to take on the above Very Hard Difficulty Challenge of course, to get a little bit back on topic )!

Tags
difficulty, hard, level, release, two worlds 2