Go Back   INSIDE Two Worlds > English speaking forums > Two Worlds 2 - News / Game Info > News & Announcements

News & Announcements All news and Announcements will be posted here.

UK & US Two Worlds II Dates Clarified + TopWare Now Bringing Two Worlds II to UK
Unread 8. December 2010, 20:05   #1
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5
Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

News EN UK & US Two Worlds II Dates Clarified + TopWare Now Bringing Two Worlds II to UK

With the recent news of Southpeak "selling" Publishing Rights To Two Worlds II back to TopWare,which we now know were not sold but rather given back to TopWare, the Co-Developer/Publisher.
TopWare has stepped in to end all speculation on whether UK will see Two Worlds II in stores by releasing a Press Release earlier today, clearing up alot of questions.

Southpeak Interactive will still be going to Publish Two Worlds II in the United States but will not be Publishing in UK, TopWare Interactive will now be Publishing Two Worlds II in the United Kingdom.The Game is to be set loose on British and American Soil on January 25th, a few weeks later than the loosely set original date of Early January!

The newly set date allows both Company's to give and get the attention that Two Worlds II deserves in both countries:
Quote:
"TopWare Interactive’s, managing director, James Seaman, had this to say: "Both TopWare and South Peak want our game to get the attention it deserves. South Peak wants to give the North American market 100% of their attention, and we're happy we were able to take some of the weight off their shoulders. Two Worlds II really is a labor of love, and after seeing how far the game has come, the fans are going to be blown away in January!"
Also revealed that Two Worlds II Broke the 1 Million Sales Mark within 3 Weeks of the Game Releasing in Continental Europe, TopWare say that the momentum doesn't show any signs of slowing down any time soon!
We at I2W would like to Congratulate TopWare/ZuxxeZ and Reality Pump on breaking the 1 Million Unit Mark!

See the Full Press Release Below!
Quote:
TopWare Interactive taking TWO WORLDS II™ to the UK

Launch Date slated for January, 25th 2011 for the UK and North America

Las Vegas, Nevada – December 8th, 2010

Happy Holidays from TopWare Interactive! We're proud to announce that Two Worlds II, the major turnaround sequel of the year, has recently broken the one million unit sales mark in Europe after just three weeks on the store shelves. And, the momentum doesn't appear to be slowing. More than sixty magazines have awarded or reviewed the game as being exceptional, and player feedback has been tremendous as well.

As many know, the North American, Irish and UK release of the next installment in the Two Worlds franchise has been pushed back to January 25th, 2011. Contrary to an earlier December press release in Europe by TopWare's publishing partner: South Peak Games, has relinquished distribution rights in Ireland and the UK to TopWare in order to focus on their North American marketing campaign. The rights were not purchased back by TopWare, as was previously reported.

TopWare Interactive’s, managing director, James Seaman, had this to say: "Both TopWare and South Peak want our game to get the attention it deserves. South Peak wants to give the North American market 100% of their attention, and we're happy we were able to take some of the weight off their shoulders. Two Worlds II really is a labor of love, and after seeing how far the game has come, the fans are going to be blown away in January!"

TopWare also plans to open a UK office within the next six months that will support the press and all of the retail community in a positive and comprehensive fashion.

Last edited by Infamous; 8. December 2010 at 20:23..
Infamous ist offline   Reply With Quote

Re: UK & US Two Worlds II Dates Clarified + TopWare Now Bringing Two Worlds II to UK
Unread 8. December 2010, 20:11   #2
swordsman5
Member Level 4
Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
Re: UK & US Two Worlds II Dates Clarified + TopWare Now Bringing Two Worlds II to UK

I wonder if the push back to the 26th could also have something to do with the Gold patch. They may be looking to manufacture ready patched games for UK/US etc. and if the patch doesn't come out before people take their Christmas break then the units wouldn't be made in time.

Unread 8. December 2010, 20:16   #3
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5
Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Afaik, the Gold Patch will be included in the US & UK Versions.
Aslong as the patch is done, I would think that RP would put it into the US & UK Gold Version, straight away despite it not being released.
Still I would expect the Patch to be released before Xmas.
Infamous ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 8. December 2010, 22:20   #4
ironcreed
Member Level 3
Points: 618, Level: 22 Points: 618, Level: 22 Points: 618, Level: 22
Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3%
500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassThree Friends

I was hoping for January 4th, but I guess this will have to do. I have it pre-ordered and paid off for the second time, so I will just wait it out. It just sucks that it is releasing on the same day as Dead Space 2. I'll probably end up playing Dead Space 2 first.
ironcreed ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 9. December 2010, 01:16   #5
youngneil1Posting Award
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4
Points: 6,651, Level: 78 Points: 6,651, Level: 78 Points: 6,651, Level: 78
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second Class

Hey, gratz to over 1 Million. That should bring some relief. Now keep going strong!
youngneil1 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 9. December 2010, 02:03   #6
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 5,075, Level: 68 Points: 5,075, Level: 68 Points: 5,075, Level: 68
Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8%

I have to wonder how many of those 1 million are sales that Southpeak should have gotten, but didn't because they decided to mess around with the release dates and aggravated their customer base.

Unread 9. December 2010, 03:13   #7
swordsman5
Member Level 4
Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44
1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccatta View Post
I have to wonder how many of those 1 million are sales that Southpeak should have gotten, but didn't because they decided to mess around with the release dates and aggravated their customer base.
Probably a good 10 to 20% I'd guess judging by the number of people in the poll at Zuxxez,
http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=34954

If those figures were to reflect totals across the world then then it would be in excess of 50%, but not every buyer will post on forums.
swordsman5 ist offline   Reply With Quote

AW: UK & US Two Worlds II Dates Clarified + TopWare Now Bringing Two Worlds II to UK
Unread 9. December 2010, 19:58   #8
majorlove
Inside Operations
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Points: 8,901, Level: 87 Points: 8,901, Level: 87 Points: 8,901, Level: 87
250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Send a message via Skype™ to majorlove
Thumbs up AW: UK & US Two Worlds II Dates Clarified + TopWare Now Bringing Two Worlds II to UK

Congratulation Reality Pump and Zuxxez/Topware for such a great game and of course for this success!

Keep it going

The German Scrolls: Skyrim
majorlove ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 9. December 2010, 21:35   #9
Akataras
Member Level 3
Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second ClassThree Friends

Good to see Southpeak falling flat on their arse to be honest, they've jerked around enough companies as it is.

I just hope my interest in TW2 comes back in time for the release, I've unfortunately lost all interest for it. :/
I also hope the US and UK Sales don't suffer as a consequence of Southpeak's unnecessary delay, I don't like the idea of Reality Pump suffering on account of an abysmal third party such as Southpeak, from what I've heard Two Worlds II is a fantastic game so here's hoping all goes well for it in January.

¤-~"At times when all hope seems lost, a light shines through the
darkness and we are reminded that courage can turn the tides of war..."
~-¤
Akataras ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10. December 2010, 13:26   #10
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

Holy crap, where've you been?! You went and disappeared on us man.
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

~ Martin Luther King Jr. ~
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10. December 2010, 18:48   #11
Akataras
Member Level 3
Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second ClassThree Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Vincent7Black7 View Post
Holy crap, where've you been?! You went and disappeared on us man.
XD

I got sick and tired of hearing about the game knowing it was delayed until next year and I have an annoying habit of hyping up a game in my mind the longer I have to wait for it so long as I keep gaining information on it. So I disappeared for a bit but checked back after a friend told me South Peak had fallen as the UK publisher.

Might actually start lurking around here again now that the game has a confirmed UK release.
Akataras ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11. December 2010, 01:32   #12
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

I was obsessed before so I stopped obsessing and I have beaten fable 3 twice and just finished the questlines for saints row 2 that my sister's bf borrowed from a friend. So I am still excited for two worlds 2 but I'm not like I was before where I was living and breathing anything new I learned about it.
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bringing, clarified, dates, topware, two worlds, two worlds 2