Go Back   INSIDE Two Worlds > English speaking forums > Two Worlds 2 - News / Game Info > News & Announcements

News & Announcements All news and Announcements will be posted here.

Two Worlds II Community Questions Finally Answered!
Unread 7. September 2010, 19:54   #1
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5
Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

News EN Two Worlds II Community Questions Finally Answered!

(Click Image to go to Article)

Some may remember, that the TW2 Wikia, gave a chance to people to get their burning questions answered regarding Two Worlds II.
After months of waiting without an update, the questions were finally answered and the questions that were answered were put up on the Wikia for us all to read.
Article

Rundown of what was said:
  • Romances/love stories confirmed again.
  • Dialogue Tree is in although we've already seen it.
  • Hundreds of Weapons and Armour.
  • The automatic Aiming mode is apparently called 'casual mode' and the manual aiming is called 'Sniper Mode', in sniper mode you can lead your shots whilst taking trajectory into account.
  • Cant run backwards but can jump back or sidewards whilst in fighting stance.(Whilst using Bow, you can walk backwards).
  • X360 Controller support for PC Version due to the game a GFW(Games For Windows) title.
  • Long Distance charge attacks can be done via using a special move eg Jump Strike.
  • Pick Pocketing is once again linked to Sneak Mode like in TW1.
  • Opponent's will have 'activity modes' meaning If you run into a Spider then a Giant Wasp, the spider may stop following you while the Wasp may still follow you.This stops you from having a long line of monsters behind you.
  • No concrete plans for DLC but things like armoury/weaponry to little islands could be the on the cards...
  • There won't be completely empty area's as their is 'natural movement' of beasts and monsters especially on outside environments.
  • Around 40-50(As said in another interview) dungeons, including ones with multiple levels to them, an example given is going deeper into a mine that contains human workers, may reveal monsters lurking beneath.
  • Your choices will only effect on how you get to the ending but not the actual ending it self (One Ending) and once gain its said you can continue playing after the ending.
  • Other NPC's won't ride horses but they will of course in Horse Races.
  • Dynamic Day & Night cyle with weather effects such as Rain and thunder...
  • No Sea monsters

Full Article
Infamous ist offline   Reply With Quote

Re: Two Worlds II Community Questions Finally Answered!
Unread 7. September 2010, 20:30   #2
swordsman5
Member Level 4
Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44 Points: 1,920, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

"Are there plans for expansion packs that adds new features and gameplay into to the game?

Of course! We want to expand Antaloor as far as possible! "

This is good news!

"Is there going to be consumable food e.g fruit, vegetables, meats, and will you be able to get consumable food off of dead monsters after u kill them (looting)?

Yes. Consumable food can be bought at shops or found in nature. Moreover you will get special organic items from killed monsters which you can eat or use for alchemy."

It always irked me that in every town and village there was a bar with a bartender, and all the NPC's would congregate there in the evenings, yet absolutly nothing could be bought.

Unread 7. September 2010, 21:00   #3
ironcreed
Member Level 3
Points: 618, Level: 22 Points: 618, Level: 22 Points: 618, Level: 22
Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3%
500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassThree Friends

"The automatic Aiming mode is apparently called 'casual mode' and the manual aiming is called 'Sniper Mode', in sniper mode you can lead your shots whilst taking trajectory into account."

Yay for sniper mode.
ironcreed ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 7. September 2010, 21:46   #4
swordsman5
Member Level 4
1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcreed View Post
"The automatic Aiming mode is apparently called 'casual mode' and the manual aiming is called 'Sniper Mode', in sniper mode you can lead your shots whilst taking trajectory into account."

Yay for sniper mode.
That was one thing that Bethesda got right with both Morrowind and Oblivion.
swordsman5 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 7. September 2010, 22:56   #5
Lukaz
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 4
Points: 1,134, Level: 33 Points: 1,134, Level: 33 Points: 1,134, Level: 33
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second ClassThree Friends

*Romances/love stories confirmed again.

Heeelllooow, Orc assasin chick.
Lukaz ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 7. September 2010, 23:16   #6
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 5,069, Level: 68 Points: 5,069, Level: 68 Points: 5,069, Level: 68
Activity: 75.0% Activity: 75.0% Activity: 75.0%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman5 View Post
That was one thing that Bethesda got right with both Morrowind and Oblivion.
Indeed it was. One could actually lead a target with archery (or throwing daggers, etc) in Morrowind. Unfortunately, I have trouble accepting their response for two reasons:

1) The question was translated from English into Polish and the answer was translated from Polish back into English. It's possible that some subtlety of the question was lost in one or both translations.

2) Quite frankly, I've lost any trust in the developers to understand the distinction between aiming and targeting. They've used the words interchangeably one time too many, so it stands to reason that they may not even understand that there is a difference.

If one accepts that they might use the word "aiming" when they actually mean "targeting" (which they obviously did in TW1) then the descriptions they give of casual and sniper mode could easily apply to the way that TW1 archery worked, which is obviously not what I'm hoping for. It's nice to hear, but quite frankly, it's one of those things I'll believe when I see it.

Unread 7. September 2010, 23:56   #7
swordsman5
Member Level 4

One of the interviewees did mention the fact that you can put lead on a target and have to take into account the trajectory, wind speed etc. This is something totally different to TW1 which was stand in roughly the right direction and hit the left mouse button.

Unread 8. September 2010, 00:05   #8
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 5,069, Level: 68 Points: 5,069, Level: 68 Points: 5,069, Level: 68
Activity: 75.0% Activity: 75.0% Activity: 75.0%

Quote:
One of the interviewees did mention the fact that you can put lead on a target and have to take into account the trajectory, wind speed etc. This is something totally different to TW1 which was stand in roughly the right direction and hit the left mouse button.
Great... and I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't doubt what you're saying. If you say you read it somewhere, I believe you. I just don't believe the article. And if it turns out to be true, so much the better. But I know what I consider to be aiming and leading a target, and from the number of people I've seen misuse the words, I'm not convinced that the people that wrote that article or preview are using the terminology in the same way that I would. When I see it, then I'll know. Until then, it's all just rumors.

If the posted release dates don't get pushed back for some reason, then I guess we'll all know in just about two weeks. Actual confirmation is more valuable to me than rumors, and I don't mind waiting a few more days for it.
Toccatta ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 8. September 2010, 09:39   #9
Akataras
Member Level 3
Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second ClassThree Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Strider View Post
*Romances/love stories confirmed again.

Heeelllooow, Orc assasin chick.
Could be interesting if done properly, hopefully there might be more optional relations that you can develop besides with Dar-Pha. Not that there's anything wrong with her, I just like my options open for reasons that should become obvious if I mention Dragon Age and an Elf. *Cough*

¤-~"At times when all hope seems lost, a light shines through the
darkness and we are reminded that courage can turn the tides of war..."
~-¤
Akataras ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 9. September 2010, 01:47   #10
Big Scary Orc
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akataras View Post
Could be interesting if done properly, hopefully there might be more optional relations that you can develop besides with Dar-Pha. Not that there's anything wrong with her, I just like my options open for reasons that should become obvious if I mention Dragon Age and an Elf. *Cough*
Lol aye, hopefully they're not quite as easy as Zevran was though. All you had to do was give him a piece of cake that the dog found, and five seconds later you were banging him in his tent.
Big Scary Orc ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 9. September 2010, 09:19   #11
Akataras
Member Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Scary Orc View Post
Lol aye, hopefully they're not quite as easy as Zevran was though. All you had to do was give him a piece of cake that the dog found, and five seconds later you were banging him in his tent.
I didn't even have to give him the cake. XD

Anyway, back on topic: The hundreds of weapons and armour sounds excellent, let's just hope they aren't being cheap and treating recoloured armours via CRAFT as unique sets.

Unread 9. September 2010, 16:36   #12
swordsman5
Member Level 4

Quote:
I didn't even have to give him the cake. XD

Anyway, back on topic: The hundreds of weapons and armour sounds excellent, let's just hope they aren't being cheap and treating recoloured armours via CRAFT as unique sets.
In the video that have been released we have seen a fair assortment of weaponry that is recognisable as the stuff from TW1, it wouldn't surprise me it we have all those plus some more newly created ones. I hope that they kept or have expanded on the Kit Rae stuff.

Unread 9. September 2010, 23:42   #13
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

My favorites were Luciender, kilgorin, Elexorin, and The Sword of Fate.
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

~ Martin Luther King Jr. ~
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10. September 2010, 16:23   #14
runyonave
Member Level 2
Points: 215, Level: 9 Points: 215, Level: 9 Points: 215, Level: 9
Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4%
100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

In TW1, the combat was quite terrible. Most fights were basically "aiming" your character towards the enemy, attacking and then jumping back. I would have loved a walk back, or run back animation while facing the enemy (e.g. Gothic games).

Anyway from the videos it seems there is lock on, so at least we can finally strafe around the enemy.
runyonave ist offline   Reply With Quote

AW: Two Worlds II Community Questions Finally Answered!
Unread 10. September 2010, 16:31   #15
majorlove
Inside Operations
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Points: 8,901, Level: 87 Points: 8,901, Level: 87 Points: 8,901, Level: 87
250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Send a message via Skype™ to majorlove
AW: Two Worlds II Community Questions Finally Answered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runyonave
In TW1, the combat was quite terrible. Most fights were basically "aiming" your character towards the enemy, attacking and then jumping back.
Therefore the activ-blocking-system was implemented! Further you need to attack in different types to make damage to your enemies.

The German Scrolls: Skyrim

Last edited by majorlove; 10. September 2010 at 17:34..
majorlove ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10. September 2010, 17:32   #16
Akataras
Member Level 3

Quote:
In the video that have been released we have seen a fair assortment of weaponry that is recognisable as the stuff from TW1, it wouldn't surprise me it we have all those plus some more newly created ones. I hope that they kept or have expanded on the Kit Rae stuff.
Hmm, with that in mind I think I'll look up images of a few equipment sets from the first game. Time to start planning my different gear sets.

Unread 10. September 2010, 19:30   #17
swordsman5
Member Level 4

Quote:
Hmm, with that in mind I think I'll look up images of a few equipment sets from the first game. Time to start planning my different gear sets.
You'll see 'em all here..

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298

Unread 14. September 2010, 04:54   #18
Laughingman84
Member Level 2
Points: 199, Level: 8 Points: 199, Level: 8 Points: 199, Level: 8
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first Group

Tons of great info here, thank you very much!

Tags
answered, community, finally, two world 1, two worlds, two worlds 2