Go Back   INSIDE Two Worlds > English speaking forums > Two Worlds 2 - Walkthrough/Guilds

Elven runestone?? or how to get off Island?
Unread 29. October 2011, 15:50   #1
Lupo
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Tagger Second Class

Elven runestone?? or how to get off Island?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to leave the island that Hatmandor is on. The quest marker for the elven runestone is on another small island? Do I swim? Or is there a dock somewhere that I can sail from? I am Lvl 23 Warrior with endurance 43 str 54 acc13-2 wp 8 +3.
use dual wield weaps both over 300 damage. Everything on this island is way to easy for me at this point one shot kills alot rarely go below 1/2 health; I would like to check out other islands.
Thanks for replies,
Alias: Lupio
Lupo ist offline   Reply With Quote

Re: Elven runestone?? or how to get off Island?
Unread 29. October 2011, 15:56   #2
The_Exile
Preferred Modding Member
Points: 123, Level: 4 Points: 123, Level: 4 Points: 123, Level: 4
Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1%
Three Friends100 Experience Points

As you progress further into the game Lupo a teleport will activate on the island in question, but if you want to you can either swim or use a waterwalking potion to get there if you want to get the runestone sooner rather than later. There are a number of beaches all around Erimos where you can swim from.

Unread 29. October 2011, 15:59   #3
Lupo
Tagger Second Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
As you progress further into the game Lupo a teleport will activate on the island in question, but if you want to you can either swim or use a waterwalking potion to get there if you want to get the runestone sooner rather than later. There are a number of beaches all around Erimos where you can swim from.
Thanks for the quick reply, now I can get back to the game...maybe try to swim but at least I know that there isnt some dock or ship that I am missing.

Lupo

Unread 29. October 2011, 16:06   #4
The_Exile
Preferred Modding Member

You will come across a small dock on that island later which is also where you get your first access to a boat. Good luck and enjoy the game.
The_Exile ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 29. October 2011, 16:11   #5
Lupo
Tagger Second Class

I did come across an abandoned village on the eastern side (southeast I think) that had several docks and small boathouses, but no boats in the water.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! ABUSE IT WISELY!

Unread 29. October 2011, 16:19   #6
The_Exile
Preferred Modding Member

Oops my mistake (had a brain fart) I'm thinking of the island with the Human runestone (won't mention names and details - would spoil things for you) on it. The Elvish runestone can be found in a cave in the Savannah of Erimos, just follow the quest marker (highlight the quest in your quest guide) and it will take you right to it.

Orcish Runestone - Creepy Den, Savannah of Erimos
Elvish Runestone - Malodorus Cavern, Savannah of Erimos
Human Runestone - Upper Level of Ancient Tomb, New Ashos beyond the Swallows (have to walk around the coast of Eollas island or use waterwalking potion to get there)
Dwarven Runestone - Mystical Den, New Ashos just before entering the Swallows

Last edited by The_Exile; 29. October 2011 at 18:18..
The_Exile ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 29. October 2011, 18:02   #7
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 5,067, Level: 68 Points: 5,067, Level: 68 Points: 5,067, Level: 68
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

You cannot swim to the boat or to the elven rune. They are both on the opposite side of water which is deep enough that your character will drown in the attempt. The only two ways across are:

1) Put this quest on hold temporarily and follow the main story line until you are transported to the next island.
2) Use magic to create a water walking effect and walk to the island. Keep in mind that even running, this will take longer than the average spell will last and you cannot cast spells while swimming. That means you must keep re-casting the spell before it expires or use a potion (potions typically have longer durations than spells). Also, you CAN drink a potion while swimming, which gives it an additional advantage over spells in the event you accidentally allow your spell to expire en route.

The big thing to keep in mind about this entire issue is that it's going to keep happening. Just because you receive a quest doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to immediately go out and solve it. Sometimes there are other obstacles that need to be overcome first. Those obstacles can often be overcome simply by waiting, but there are also other ways to overcome them for those clever enough to come up with a solution. The elven runestone quest is just one example where you will get a quest before you're able to easily access the area where the quest is located. Expect it to happen again and again, and don't automatically assume that because you can't reach an area you need to get to that something is broken or that the game is bugged... or even that you've necessarily overlooked something important. It's that way by design.

Unread 26. December 2011, 14:16   #8
Heron Alexander
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 2
Points: 231, Level: 10 Points: 231, Level: 10 Points: 231, Level: 10
Activity: 75.0% Activity: 75.0% Activity: 75.0%
Tagger First Class100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Album pictures

well i do not know if anyone else completed the runestone quest, but i was disappointed with the ending of it, granted, you get quite a bit of stuff during the quest but you are led to think there will be some special reward at the end.
Heron Alexander ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 26. December 2011, 16:17   #9
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

Oh man, that ticked me off so much. All I got was a thank you at the end?! I was hoping for a freaking beastly weapon or crystal or something!!!
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

~ Martin Luther King Jr. ~
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elven, island, runestone