Go Back   INSIDE Two Worlds > English speaking forums > Two Worlds 2 - News / Game Info > Two Worlds 2 (Game Info) > Two Worlds 2 (Interviews)

Two Worlds 2 (Interviews) Two Worlds 2 (Interviews)

Video Interview With Joerg Schindler @ 2worlds-game.de
Unread 5. September 2010, 13:33   #1
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5
Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68 Points: 5,023, Level: 68
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

News EN Video Interview With Joerg Schindler @ 2worlds-game.de

Name:  2WORLDSGAME.png
Views: 2667
Size:  73.6 KB

2-worlds-game.de have another Two Worlds II video after the GamesCom 2010 videos they kindly recorded for everybody to watch.

This time in a video interview with Joerg Schindler Europe PR Guy, sadly for English speaking users its in German but not to worry,I2W has a few tidbits picked out by Syphedias of our German Side of the site!
  • There are level restrictions on weapons, so you may find a powerful weapon at the start of the game but may not be able to use it until you level up.
  • Robes and Leather Armour are back in,level restrictions apply to Armour also.
  • No Level Cap is present.
  • There will be 50 Underground Locations to visit inclu.natural caverns and tombs.
  • You can earn money by playing Musical Mini-games (Competitions anyone?),whilst playing instruments people will crowd around you...
  • There will be blood on certain animals and humans but you cannot amputate your enemies limbs.
  • Separate SP & MP Characters was due to Balancing issues, that would have arose If they didn't separate the two.
  • No Snowy Region.
  • Joerg confirms that the EU Version will be released towards the end of September.

Videos below.

Last edited by Infamous; 5. September 2010 at 21:09.. Reason: Made Underground Locations info clearer.
Infamous ist offline   Reply With Quote

Re: Video Interview With Joerg Schindler @ 2worlds-game.de
Unread 5. September 2010, 14:58   #2
Akataras
Member Level 3
Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23 Points: 638, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger First ClassTagger Second ClassThree Friends

No level cap, I like the sound of that, nothing quite so annoying as having a limit on how high you can level on a game that has so much to do. *Glares at Fallout 3*

There'll be a need for a system to keep that in check on the Online Components though, I don't look forward to the idea of being a level 10 facing a level 100 in a fight. Still there'll probably be a scaling aspect in PvP perhaps only being able to fight players within ten levels of your own, like with Demon's Souls. And even if there isn't I'll keep playing, if only to grow strong enough over time to fight back. Hopefully for co-op there'll be no such system in place as it would be nice to get some high-levelled help from time to time.

No snowy region is a disappointment for me as such landscapes are always fun for me that and they suit the character I roleplay, well maybe one will appear in an expansion if the game does well enough in sales.

Level restrictions on weapons is good, imagine finding a level 100 weapon at level 1 and being able to use it, it'd make the game far too easy. It's always good to have restrictions on equipment for the sake of balancing, otherwise the need for levelling up wouldn't exist.

The instrument minigame seems like a fun way to kill time and make money, I wonder if it'll be restricted to singleplayer of available in your village in multiplayer.

¤-~"At times when all hope seems lost, a light shines through the
darkness and we are reminded that courage can turn the tides of war..."
~-¤
Akataras ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 5. September 2010, 16:34   #3
biblical
Member Level 2
Points: 249, Level: 10 Points: 249, Level: 10 Points: 249, Level: 10
100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

will there be a desert

Unread 5. September 2010, 16:41   #4
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5
100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblical View Post
will there be a desert
Yes there will be deserts.

Unread 5. September 2010, 17:22   #5
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

I can't wait to see the effect on the drak'ar desert area after the fall of the white dragon.
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

~ Martin Luther King Jr. ~
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 5. September 2010, 20:57   #6
Lousic
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Tagger Second Class

where it says 50 variations of underground locations, does this mean only 50 dungeons or 50 dungeon designs used, please help me understand this infamous
Lousic ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 5. September 2010, 21:08   #7
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousic View Post
where it says 50 variations of underground locations, does this mean only 50 dungeons or 50 dungeon designs used, please help me understand this infamous
Looking back a the information Syphedias gave me, it seems theres 50 Different Underground Locations to visit.

I'll update the post to make it clearer, sorry for the confusion.

Unread 5. September 2010, 21:44   #8
Lousic
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Tagger Second Class

Infamous - these 50 underground dungeons, do they include the temple type dungeons in the jungle as seen in a vid & the tower type dungeon seen in an interview or are the underground locations just things like caves, mines etc & there are more above ground dungeons?
Lousic ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 5. September 2010, 22:38   #9
Toccatta
Preferred Modding Member
Member Level 5
Points: 5,075, Level: 68 Points: 5,075, Level: 68 Points: 5,075, Level: 68
Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8%

Based on the way TW1 used maps, and the differences between how interior and exterior maps were used, it's likely that the reference to "underground" areas is actually a reference to interior maps. If that's the case, they would cover above ground dungeons, too.

It seems a likely guess that they're talking about 50 areas to explore that are separated from the exterior landscape, not 50 areas that are literally below ground level.

Unread 6. September 2010, 03:51   #10
WilliePete
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
Looking back a the information Syphedias gave me, it seems theres 50 Different Underground Locations to visit.

I'll update the post to make it clearer, sorry for the confusion.
Infamous, I wonder why they made a point to say there will be blood but no loss of limbs... Was there ever talk about dismembement in TW2 in the past? I never expected it anyway, but Im curious why they stressed that point.

To be honest, I'd like for RPGs to start using a more realistic damage system. Rather than seeing some blood and losing hit points, it would be nice to see wounds, gashes, and yes a little dismemberment.
WilliePete ist offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 6. September 2010, 11:43   #11
Infamous
Preferred Modding Member
Member of Staff
Member Level 5

No loss of limbs was said because of what the interviewer asked...

Unread 6. September 2010, 18:57   #12
7Vincent7Black7Community Award
Member Level 4
Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54 Points: 3,019, Level: 54
250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree Friends

Well in one point of view, that could be good for younger viewers, too much gore, while is commonplace in games played by twelve yearolds these days, is not recommended, but blood does make it realistic. On the other side of the coin, they could do a setting in options where you can turn off the dismemberment where it looks real but isn't as gory as games like left 4 dead style.
7Vincent7Black7 ist offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2worlds-game.de, google, interview, video, yahoo